Saturday, October 30, 2010

'Tis the season.  Worked my first fire show in quite a long time.  The show went well, despite some rather serious moments in the middle.  Having Ashley on hand and ready to grab a wet towel when not asked was a fantastic thing.  I've never done Boo at the Zoo with Doug before.

I did get a small burn, myself, but I didn't realize it until we were headed out.

Took Ashley to Pete's Kitchen which apparently reminds her of The Phoenix which is a coney island in Michigan that she's fond of.  All in all it had the elements of a good night.

I'm not feeling much like being social of late, something I need to push through I suspect.  I have no real ideas for costuming or anything and part of me would rather work at Terry's tomorrow morning and spend the afternoon and evening working on my large pile of financial shit so that it will smell less come January or so.  I do plan to go out, likely to the gathering I was invited to through the session at the Snug.

People scare me though, they really do, and when I'm not feeling particularly strong in the head I get twitchy around them.  I don't like passive aggressive behaviour and I like it even less when it's directed at me.  People want to believe they're rational but if there really are stable, calm, thoughtful, rational people out there, I've yet to meet 'em.  I know plenty of people who think they're on the ball and quite honestly the saner someone claims to be, the further away from them I want to be.  It's not that I mind my friends being crazy, I just mind when the crazy runs their lives.

I feel like there's an angry hum underneath almost all social interactions of late.  It's where the crazy people trying to run me off the road come from.  It's why we have the Tea Party and why packages are being shipped from Yemen to blow up synagogues in the US.  It's a feeling that I can't shake, even on the good days and it seems to affect a lot of people other than just me.  Some get depressed, some get belligerent some just go catatonic.


Me, I just want to run off again.  I won't, at least not like that, but I want to.  It was so much easier when I didn't stay anywhere for very long.

No comments: